Who Is The Course For?
In larger premises, or where there is a large number of staff, it is advisable to train some members of staff as fire wardens (also known as fire marshals).
Where Can I Attend The Course?
The course is run at your place of work, or can be arranged locally to you.
Duration Of Course:
- 3 hours
Theory sessions take place in a meeting room, training room or lounge (such as care homes).
Practical session takes place in a suitable outside area (approximately 3 car parking spaces) away from buildings.
All appropriate training equipment (including fire extinguishers) will be brought by PRT-Training.
£325 (This is the total cost of the course, not per individual)
Number of Attendees
You can book up to a maximum of 15 delegates on this course.
- Roles, Responsibilities and Duties of a Fire Warden
– Actions on hearing the alarm
– Actions on discovering a fire
- Fire Safety Legislation
- The chemistry of fire
- Fire spread
- Common causes of fire
- Fire safety precautions and measures
- How to carry out a ‘fire sweep’
- Human behaviour in fire
- Fire Warden Daily | Weekly | Monthly Checks
- Record keeping
- Liaising with Fire Service
- Fire drills/evacuation procedures
- Use of fire extinguishers: practical and theory
By the end of the course, delegates will..
- Have a detailed knowledge of the fire safety strategy of the premises.
- Have an awareness of human behaviour in fires.
- Know how to encourage others to use the most appropriate escape route.
- Know how to search safely and recognise areas that are unsafe to enter.
- Understand the difficulties that some people, particularly if disabled, may have in escaping and any special evacuation arrangements that have been pre-planned.
- Receive additional training in the use of firefighting equipment.
- Have an understanding of the purpose of any fixed firefighting equipment such as sprinklers or gas flooding systems.
- Know the procedure for reporting of faults, incidents and ‘near misses’.
Fire warden training normally involves a classroom based theory session of approximately 2 hours followed by a 45 minute practical session using fire extinguishers on a live fire.
Click here for more information on the ‘Role of a Fire Warden’ (opens in new window)
- Theory: Classroom based learning
- Practical: Hands-on use of fire extinguishers on live fires
- Comprehensive course handouts
- Certificate for each candidate
- High quality training by serving Fire Service personnel, giving you the best training possible for your staff
How To Book
To book this course, or for a quote..
Call PETER on: 07921906519
Or EMAIL: email@example.com
Or complete the form below:
We look forward to hearing from you.