This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively for casualties with breathing difficulties.
Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering it.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe anaphylaxis
- Identify triggers for anaphylaxis
- Describe life threatening problems associated with the:
- Disability (Neurological status)
- Exposure (Skin and mucosal changes)
- Explain the need for an early call for help
- Explain the treatment for anaphylaxis:
- Non re-breather mask
- Removal of trigger
- Identify key features of adrenaline-auto injectors
- Conduct an initial assessment using the ABCDE approach
- Demonstrate a recovery position
- Demonstrate resuscitation for adult and/or child
- Recognise the need to use an auto-injector
- Prepare medication for administration during anaphylaxis treatment
- Demonstrate the safe use of an adrenaline auto-injector using a training device
- Safely dispose of sharps according to agreed ways of working
- Handover the casualty to a medical professional
A minimum of 6 hours, consisting of theoretical and practical work.
Assessment and Certification
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
This qualification lasts for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
A certificate will be issued to successful delegates on completion of the course.
A maximum of twelve students can be accommodated on this course and each participant must be aged a minimum of 16 years or above.
How To Book
To book this course, or for a quote..
Call PETER on: 07921906519
Or EMAIL: email@example.com
Or complete the form below:
We look forward to hearing from you.