This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering it.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners and dental care professionals, nurses, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain benefits of oxygen therapy
- Identify indications for the use of oxygen
- Explain contraindications prohibiting use of oxygen
- Explain dangers of using compressed gas
- Outline health and safety rules for the:
- Handling of oxygen
- Carry out operational checks in preparation for use of oxygen therapy equipment
- Identify when oxygen therapy is required
- Administer oxygen using the required flow rate for the following oxygen delivery devices:
- Non re-breather mask
- Bag, valve and mask
- Administer oxygen to a patient in line with agreed ways of working
A minimum of 6 hours, consisting of theoretical and practical work.
Assessment and Certification
A range of methods are used, including, practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
This qualification lasts for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses.
A certificate will be issued to successful delegates on completion of the course.
A maximum of twelve students can be accommodated on this course and each participant must be aged a minimum of 16 years or above.
How To Book
To book this course, or for a quote..
Call PETER on: 07921906519
Or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the form below:
We look forward to hearing from you.