Ensuring your staff are fully trained in the event of a fire is the best way to ensure their protection and safety, as well as other occupants within the premises.
Our Fire Safety Awareness Course is aimed at any person who is expected to respond to a fire alarm or may actually be confronted by a real fire.
- To provide staff with a basic practical knowledge and skills to understand fundamental hazards of fire and fire spread
- Fire prevention and procedures
- Be able to correctly and safely select and use a fire extinguisher
- Fire Law (in brief) – The Reasons For Mandatory Fire Awareness Training
- The Principles of Combustion – Triangle of Fire
- Methods of Extinction
- Fire Behaviour & Fire Spread
- 4 Main Causes of Fire
- What To Do When The Fire Alarm Sounds
- What To Do If You Discover A Fire
- Fire Prevention Basics
- Classes of Fire
- Fire Extinguisher Types & Colour Coding
- Fire Extinguisher Capabilities & Limitations
- How to Operate a Fire Extinguisher
- How to Correctly use a Fire Blanket
- Fire Action Routines
- Use of Water, Foam & Co2 Extinguishers on Real Fires
- Use of Fire Blanket
Duration Of Course:
- 2 hours
Who Is The Course For?
This course is for everyone within the workplace.
If you are an employer, business owner or in control of premises, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that you ‘must ensure that your employees are provided with adequate fire safety training’.
This means that it is law to train every member of staff, including any casual staff, and ensure that any external companies are also trained in Fire Awareness.
Where Can I Attend The Course?
The course is run at your place of work, or can be arranged locally to you.
Theory sessions take place in a meeting room, training room or lounge (such as care homes).
Practical session takes place in a suitable outside area (approximately 3 car parking spaces) away from buildings.
All appropriate training equipment (including fire extinguishers) will be brought by PRT-Training.
£245 per course (This is the cost of the course, not per individual)
There is a 15% discount for 2 courses run back-to-back.
- Hands-on use of fire extinguishers, on live fires
- Course notes/handouts
- Certificate of attendance for each candidate
- High quality training by serving Fire Service personnel, giving you the best training possible for your staff
Number of Attendees
You can book up to a maximum of 15 delegates on this course.
How To Book
To book this course, or for more information..
Call PETER on: 07921906519
Or EMAIL: email@example.com
Or complete the form below: