This Care Home Fire Training Course is suitable for all staff in residential care homes, nursing homes, assisted and independent living complexes.
Suitable staff include care home managers and supervisors, care support staff, domestic staff and agency workers.
Duration Of Course:
- 2 hours (Courses can be adapted to accommodate staff shift patterns etc.)
All our courses are competitively priced.
Use the contact details below for an instant quote (You’ll probably be surprised at what we can offer you).
Number of Attendees
You can book up to a maximum of 15 delegates on this course.
Where Can I Attend The Course?
The course is run at your place of work, or can be arranged locally to you.
- To help the ‘responsible person’ fulfill their legal obligations under fire safety legislation
- To provide staff with a basic practical knowledge and skills to understand fundamental hazards of fire and fire spread
- Fire prevention and procedures
- Be able to correctly and safely select and operate a fire extinguisher
- Legal requirement for fire safety awareness training
- The purpose of training, who benefits, and why?
- The Triangle of Fire
- Methods of extinction and related fire fighting equipment that is available in the care home
- Fire behaviour & fire spread
- 4 main causes of fire
- What to do when the fire alarm sounds – understanding the fire alarm panel
- What to do If you discover a fire – including evacuation methods
- Fire prevention basics
- Classes of fire
- Fire extinguisher types & colour coding
- Fire extinguisher capabilities & limitations
- How to operate a fire extinguisher
- How to correctly use a fire blanket
- Fire action routines
- Use of water, foam & Co2 extinguishers
- Use of fire blanket
Theory sessions can take place in a meeting room, training room, lounge or dining room.
Practical session takes place in a suitable outside area (approximately 3-5 car parking spaces) away from buildings.
All appropriate training equipment (including fire extinguishers) will be brought by PRT-Training.
Courses are normally run during daylight hours to facilitate the safe use of training with fire extinguishers. However evening courses with a revised content can also be arranged for night-shift staff.
We can adapt training start times with the organisation’s shift pattern to maximise the number of staff trained.
- Hands-on use of fire extinguishers
- Course handouts
- Certificate of attendance for each candidate
- High quality training by serving Fire Service personnel, giving you the best training possible for your staff
Jilly and some of the amazing staff at Ashdene Care Home!
How To Book
To book this course, or for a quote..
Call PETER on: 07921906519
Or EMAIL: email@example.com
Or complete the form below:
We look forward to hearing from you.